Hey there friends! I may or may not have shitposted my way into being this week's guest on the Gentscast; this is the part where you're legally obligated to ask me questions, so ask me anything! Be it about e-fedding, musical theatre, the unhealthy amount of television I watch, baseball, etc. Nothing is off limits*!
1) It feels like since Evolution, Ash Blake has sort of just been lurking in the background at Philidor. Without giving away plans, where would you like to go now?
2) Philidor vs the world was a fun little series that, I feel, could have gone past Havoc. How was the division of labor on those rps? Was there anyone else you wish we had gotten to see y'all team up against? Would you do it again?
3) Let's hear you shoot on "Hamilton", since we'd discussed it a little before.
4) Do you ever wish you had had time to rp against Downfall in the TV title match?
5) Can you give Kidsgrove some feedback right now?
Post by Cassidy Adler on Aug 13, 2021 8:41:17 GMT -5
1: Explain the process of Ash Blake's character arcs, both in terms of coming up with them, writing them, and having them fit around the awkward booking schedule you've had as the character.
2: Talk about some of the missteps you think people have when it comes to character development in E-Fedding.
3: Favorite/least favorite genres to watch/read, followed by favorite/least favorite to actually write.
4: What's something you're trying to work on as a writer? Can be screenwriting related too if you prefer.
5: What are some of the important "rules" you try to stay consistent to when writing a scene? For example, I've lately been trying to follow the rule of "dialogue must either be in conflict, give information about something/progress the story, or let the reader know more about the character." Anything similar to this that you try to keep in mind?
6: Why am I the greatest IT board user of all time?
7: Create the official Action Wrestling basketball roster that would slump any NBA team.
8: We have a child. What we naming it?
9: Rip into a recent show, film or thing you've read and explain why it sucks.
10: When are we applying to become the writers of Borderlands 4?
Post by Johnny Bacchus on Aug 14, 2021 11:28:06 GMT -5
1) We’ll get the silly shit out of the way first. I know you’ve drank some gnarly, saccharine shit like peach wine and Mike’s hard lemonade. What, if anything, have you come across that had you genuinely go “This is too much”? 2) Dream matches as Ash. Drop em. 3) Do you think Ash is redeemable? Is Shaw? Is Lissie? 4) I know we’ve privately expressed frustration to one another about how people don’t read the RPs and therefore often don’t “get” the Philidor concept. Go back to Clash 100: after what was a rather perfect debut, what would you have done differently on screen to make sure people understood our gimmick off the get-go? 5) Suppose the story eventually leads to Philidor breaking up – can Ash exist without Philidor Holdings? Does Philidor continue to exist in her CD or is she cut loose? Or is she taken out back of Tammany Hall and canoe’d? 6) Give the strengths and weakness of your reign. Are there any moments, decisions, or booking you wish had gone differently? What was your favorite moment? 7) I know you’re not an efed Twitter guy, but as we’ve had more cross-promotional exposure, I’m sure you’ve picked up on some various people. Any of them you’d be interested in facing? 8) What is your biggest pet peeve in efedding? What unforced errors do you find frustratingly common? 9) As a big television person, you obviously have some strong feelings on the episodic and serialized nature of writing. Extemporize on that a bit in relation to efedding – open floor, but I’m sure you have insight. 10) I love you <3
I'm bad with questions and others had a bunch, but I got one.
It was always a longstanding meme of you sorta shitposting 3/4 times and putting in legit efforts the other fourth. What has changed in the process for you that has brought you from number one most talented writer who never tries to the most talented writer who does? Is there gradual steps that got you there or one thing?
Torture: and work so hard.. and I'd never not appreciate you guys, ever. You write for me, you write for yourselves, you write for your peers, you write for AW. I'll never forget that, ever.
Sept 15, 2021 0:57:57 GMT -5
Torture: I respect you, I appreciate each and every one of you, no matter how many times you're booked, no matter where you're at on the card, I love that you're here and I love that you care about AW in some way or form.
Sept 15, 2021 0:58:38 GMT -5