Post by Harvey Marx on Jun 30, 2021 11:28:05 GMT -5
Both of you have been here before and I've at least seen Bonnie write in other feds. What is like to step back into a universe after you have been away?
As far as we know, Bonnie's return was a one-off match and the promo was great. What was the approach to writing the thing? Was it different writing a story to stand on its own knowing you wouldn't be coming back? (for now)
I'll have some more questions after I dive into the work you two have done!
Post by Shadowlove on Jun 30, 2021 13:42:31 GMT -5
1. How did you come to write not one but two legendary successful characters in Johnny Reb & Bonnie Blue?
2. How were you influenced by the antebellum South when coming up with Johnny Reb & Bonnie Blue?
3. What made you decide to have Bonnie Blue become “The Daughter of Time” as a second generation character from the future, with Johnny Reb’s DNA profile, who came back to the present? And was there every going to be a storyline that you had in mind with Bonnie & Johnny actually crossing paths sometime in the past?
4. When The Guardians were at its peak with Polar Phantasm, Alex Richards, Jay Omega, Andre Holmes, Bonnie Blue, and either that part time Guardian, Preecha Kamon, (or that friendly, unfriendly “shadowy” character as a somewhat associate of The Guardians in question #6 lol) as part of the group in UCI rivaling the WCF’s #BeachKrew with Wade Moor, Jonathan Rabid, Jared Holmes, Andre Aquarius, Kyle Kemp, and Dustin Beaver at the time, how cool would it have been to see a WARGAMES between these two UCI & WCF SuperStables in a Two Match Main Event on a WCF Card and a UCI Card?
5. With Polar Phantasm & Jay Omega leaving the group, how close were Shadowlove & Miyamoto to actually replacing them in The Guardians, if the stars could’ve lined up right and we could’ve worked out the right storyline? (As I recall, we only collaborated once with Shadow helping The Guardians out in one of Polar’s crazy character development storyline ideas. Otherwise, I think I had Shadow pretty much feuding with the entire UCI and Alex Richards at the time. lol)
6. How would’ve The Guardians looked with Alex Richards, Andre Holmes, Bonnie Blue, and Shadowlove with Miyamoto? Would The Guardians have been a “Heel” Stable under Shadow’s very shadowy influence and manipulation or would’ve Bonnie been able to bring the “good”, whereas Miyamoto brings out the “bad” in Shadow, in order to remain a “Face” Stable?
7. You tried your best to keep the mythology of The Guardians alive in AW, but wasn’t any incarnation of The Guardians just a watered down mediocre version of the original conceptual idea that you had for future incarnations of the group with the only exception being bringing in talented writers like L Verez, Claire Hawkins, and Damian Kaine? And why didn’t the combination of Bonnie, Verez, Claire, Damian, and Wilds ever work in AW? Was it Jaice? lol
8. Bonnie Blue vs. Casey Holiday or Bonnie Blue vs. Lissie Hope? Which of these two characters was the toughest opponent to write against and what was your overall strategy when facing these two very different characters from a writer’s perspective?
9. How cool would it have been to see Bonnie Blue, Lissie Hope, Claire Hawkins, Kennedy Matthews, Estrella Luiz, L Verez, RWB and yes, even Casey Holliday as an All-Female SuperStable in AW that would’ve rivaled The Bangles, The Go-Go’s, and The Runaways in their prime on MTV?
10 Final thoughts on the conclusion of Bonnie Blue’s overall story arc starting in the WCF, continuing in the UCI, returning to the WCF, and finally ending in AW?
Bon-Bon & Damian Kaine:
11. Marry, Fuck, Kill, Shadowlove… Go! (And yes, I know how the game is played, but C’mon Sam, you of all ppl should know Shadow is just that good to be all 3 lol)
12. What’s your favorite cookie?
Last Edit: Jul 3, 2021 3:48:55 GMT -5 by Shadowlove
1) What entrance has always impressed you the most?
1b) How can it NOT be Shadowlove's?
2) What's the longest you've spent trying to find a perfect pic base?
Thanks for the compliment, my friend. Some people think the pic bases doesn’t or shouldn’t really matter too much, but I think it’s a vital part of character development in the modern day era of this fantasy world. When I was first joining WCF, it took me close to 3 to 4 months, yes, months, to finally settle on Antonio Sabato, Jr. & Meisa Kuroki.
Shadow was first going to a Native American Character with a Native American Squaw, imagine Sonny Landam, from Predator & 48hrs. mixed with John Redcorn from King of the Hill? I just couldn’t get the dialogue to sound right in my head to do any kind of justice to those characters.
My second choice was going to have Shadow played by Tyson Beckford & Charlize Theron as the Miyamoto character. But, I can’t imagine Shadow and Miyamoto being anyone else then who they are today.
Last Edit: Jul 3, 2021 4:23:54 GMT -5 by Shadowlove
1) DK, it’s really impressive how you can have a quiet departure every now and then yet still manage to fit right back into the show seamlessly, like there’s always a place for you and for the Kaine at AW. Where did the concept of 201 and One come from?
2) I’m always a little surprised to find some lineage of DK I wasn’t expecting - give us a rundown of the DK character and some of the major moments from when he was conceived.
3) What are you most enjoying about this current run in AW? Where do you want to take DK from here?
1) Bonnie, there is a ton of OOC sentiment dripping from me when it comes to the respect/inspiration/emulation/love Lissie has for Bonnie with how I feel about you. I just want to thank you for taking the match with me on short notice and delivering one of my most memorable and cathartic matches I’ve ever had. 🥲💕
2) I spent a lot of time researching Bonnie and I wanted to be accurate and give her career respect, even if I spent the second half trashing it lmao (no hard feelings!). Did I do Bonnie justice?
3) How was the match itself? Match writing isn’t a skill of mine.
4) Did you get emotional with the video package like I did?
5) Bonnie Blue is an s-tier efed name. How did you come up with it?
6) When did you bring in America Jackson/Zaigon Carter? Did you find them or did they find you? I used to write with them in like 2011 and America, in particular, is a huge inspiration for me.
7) Just an observation, not a question: One thing I learned after writing our match, Bon, was that I accidentally stole your move set. I added a corkscrew to my swanton and I was just about to add a triangle choke to my finishers lmao. I don’t mean to be your “pale imitation” but if I am, I’m honored. ❤️
ALL 1) We had a ton of title exchanges at Evolution, give it up for the new champs!
2) Talk a little about the Guardians history, and especially the incarnation with Kidsgrove. That was another thing I didn’t think I knew before starting my research.
3) First impressions of Tokyo Fite presented by Philidor Holdings.
For Not Donkey Kong I turn one of your questions back to you with interest. Suppose the Brotherhood were to have a reunion, when, how, and why would it happen?
For Clyde and Clue Bonnie Blue We never had much of a chance to interact in WCF or AW, but I've heard a lot of good things about you. What do/did you enjoy the most about efedding, and what advice might you have for others looking to give AW(or efedding in general) a shot?