Post by Johnny Bacchus on Sept 7, 2021 11:03:02 GMT -5
Kemp! What’s good man, congratulations!
1) Let’s start with some Industry talk – how’s the bar doing? When you go to a bar you don’t know, what do you order? 2) I have to hand it to you – Psuedo-Face Tweener Kemp, as the Following was pulled into adversity with Philidor, kinda worked! I really didn’t expect that to be possible with the character’s loathsome history, but my hat’s off to you. That said, the line of shoot on you seemed constantly “Kyle Kemp is a pathological narcissist, do not buy into this act of his.”. Was this annoying to see repeatedly stated or do you think it was totally justified? 3) I adored the second iteration of the Following and feel it still had a lot of mileage and gas left in the tank. Why the decision to split? 4) It is incredibly funny that you and Dandy live in the same city and never met up once during your time working together on Following and as Tag Champs. Have you rectified that since? Do you regret it at all? 5) I just want to quickly share my favorite OOC memory of you: back when we brought you into #BeachKrew, we had the Hellimination match upcoming. Almost everyone expected it to be me-Wade-Rabid. You sent me and Wade a message basically saying “I know Rabid is the obvious and safe choice, but I’d really like a chance to do this. If you choose me, I’ll bring it as hard as I can and make sure you don’t regret it.”. Wade and I were super fucking impressed by that, and we immediately knew we’d made the right decision by bringing you into the fold. No question, just wanted to share that <3 6) It feels like Kyle Kemp has finally broken a barrier in his career that he was struggling to overcome. If you had lost at Uprising, where we Kemp being going from here? 7) Carter Shaw vs Kyle Kemp – who do you think is the face and who is the heel?
Post by Carter Shaw on Sept 7, 2021 20:26:18 GMT -5
- Congrats on the All-In WIN! It's been an honor and pleasure workin' stories with you throughout the year that make it feel f'n epic to have Kemp hold All-In while Shaw has the title (for now). To think it all started with nothin' but a brainstorm for BattleBowl.
- TURNING back to the clock to the Grayson Ward storyline, did it end in the reveal of Kemp how you wanted? Or did plans change along the way? Also give the peeps a quick fill-in to that brilliant work of yours, for those who have no idea who "Grayson Ward" was. (Spoiler: It was Kyle Kemp)
- What is you favorite story you've told with Kyle Kemp to date? Whether it be an incarnation or evolution of The Following or even just a story within a RP. What makes you mark out for your own character?
- Who were some people along the journey that have had the most influence on your writing/RPing/style?
FOR ALL PEEPS
- Shouldn't Lissie Hope be defending her U.S. Title on American Made against John Blade? 'MURICA. - THOUGHTS on who these clowns are that kidnapped Corey Black MID-MATCH at Uprising, only to basically blow him up on Clash? (One more shoutout for the work on twitter to Mr. Corey Black, who all week released tweets on the Black account as if it were hacked by the clowns)
AW World Champion (Current) Mr. All-In 2020 Voted AW Rookie Of The Year 2020 Voted AW Future World Champion 2020 1x AW Television Champion
Post by Spencer Adams on Sept 7, 2021 20:49:25 GMT -5
First off, I'm so fucking happy for you getting that All In win. After the days spent in WCF midcard hell and the grind to keep improving your stuff (with limited time to do so, too), I was just stoked to see you get your big win.
Kemp and Spencer have been tied together so many times through our time in this hobby and I definitely consider you the GOAT Spencer rival. We've faced off a million times and brought it around to do the tag/stable thing even. Idk if we've got Kemp/Spencer shit in the tank now or anytime soon, but is there an idea that comes to mind for the future? (I totally get it if the answer is "Fuckin no" lol)
Aside from the world title, what are some accolade goals or new feuds you would like to go after?
You've been doing Kemp forever now. How do you keep motivated and feeling fresh with a guy you've been playing for like 7 years?
What are some things you'd like to see AW do in the future? Is there any like BIG next step or event/milestone you think would be sick?
AW Record: 56-38-5 NC
1x AW World Champion 1x AW Hardcore Champion 1x AW US Champion 4x AW Tag Team Champion Final WCF TV Champion 1x WCF People's Champion 1x WCF Tag Team Champion 1x WCF Trios Champion 2021 Havoc Rumble Winner 2019, 2021 Battlebowl Winner 2018 Feud of the Year First AW Triple Crown Winner
Post by Dandy DiVito on Sept 8, 2021 13:04:59 GMT -5
When this damn pandemic is over, I'm dropping by your bar and asking for "Kyle Kemp." I expect someone to be like "who the fuck is that?" I will then out you (and myself really) as a big ol' nerd. Are you prepared for this? If no, how will you prepare?
Any regrets with the story we told over the last year? Anything you'd tweak with the benefit of hindsight?
Had you won the tag straps in our Evolution match, who would you have drafted as a partner? How'd you feel about my execution of the end of that story as it happened?
Congrats on All-In, man. Super happy for you and proud of you for pulling it off, ya beast.
Former World Champ, US Champ (x2) Longest Reigning Tag Champ Man of 2019 Feud of 2019 US Champ of 2019 2020 Trios Champions: The Following RP of 2019
Torture: and work so hard.. and I'd never not appreciate you guys, ever. You write for me, you write for yourselves, you write for your peers, you write for AW. I'll never forget that, ever.
Sept 15, 2021 0:57:57 GMT -5
Torture: I respect you, I appreciate each and every one of you, no matter how many times you're booked, no matter where you're at on the card, I love that you're here and I love that you care about AW in some way or form.
Sept 15, 2021 0:58:38 GMT -5