Post by Lissie Hope on Jul 30, 2021 9:45:16 GMT -5
My efed-writing soulmate. <3
1) We've spent an absurd amount of time discussing other people's characters, and you always share deep insight and thought on their stories and progression. How do you develop this investment on characters that aren't your own? Who do you keep tabs on and why (is it Lissie)?
2) Sometimes I forget how masterful your CD work is because of how strong both Bacchus and Howie are at shoot, but then you publish "MaeDay" or "Tokyo Diaries" and it pulls me right back to the moments I read "The Crane Wife" and "The Natural." Give us your thought process when you start a CD arc, and how they compare between Howie and Bacchus - i.e. do you plan out the long arc and fill in the gaps along the way, or are you more methodical about your timeline? Also, teach me to shoot, please.
3) What was Howie and Sarah's wedding song? What is the song for their current relationship? And Mae/Johnny.
4) We seriously didn't have a single conversation until October of last year, right in the midst of me deciding to kill my character. And now, less than a year later, we've written two ship angles and one of your penultimate retirement matches and your new main is in love with my side bitch. How do we mesh so fucking well, and why are we better battery-mates than Teo and Andrew?
5) Speaking of, who's the pitcher, and who's the catcher?
6) Take me back to the early days of Howie in UCI. I still plan to go back and read those roleplays but can you give me a teaser on what he was like, the themes you explored, and how you were then versus now as a writer.
7) Are there any roadblocks or frustrations here in the final year that you feel comfortable discussing with the public?
8) What are some dream matches for J-Bacch as he climbs the ladder?
I'll be listening to this live so you know I'll probably add some questions at the end. Just know that I fucking love you. And also, tell Teo he's ugly and his momma dresses him funny.
If AW were a cocktail what would it be. Favourite cocktail? What's more annoying your GFs dog or the song that never ends. If Addy was a cocktail what would she be Cass Adler or Lissie Hope who spends more time crying in the bathroom.
Trinity Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion
Action Wrestling's Baddest Bitch
Former Action Wrestling Tag Team Champion (w/ Lissie Hope)
Post by Olivia R. Adler on Aug 1, 2021 17:48:25 GMT -5
What's poppin, king?
I remember early on when you first mentioned the Johnny Bacchus idea to me, you had initially planned to debut him post-Evo, after you wrapped up the Howie story. Then, like 2 days after saying that you just signed the character up lmao. Would you say that Bacchus immediately became your main when you debuted him? Was the general sense of burnout as Howie you were feeling in the months leading up to Evo part of why you didn't wait to start running Bacchus?
Questions have already been asked about the general evolution of the Bacchus character from original concept to the character's current reality some 8 months later. I'm also going to ask this question but with a different spin: how has the development of Bacchus been impacted by things outside of your control (booking, results, other behind-the-scenes factors, etc.)?
We've talked about this a bunch, but open the floor to the crowd: faces, heels, what are they? are they things? let's find out! (as an adjacent question, tweeners: do they exist? are they crutches? can you begin a character as a tweener or is that an alignment that is 'earned' for lack of a better term)?
List your top five musical theatre numbers, the one person I can talk about this subject with!
A patron enters your bar and asks for your shittiest cocktail, what are you making him?
This last one isn't a question but I'd be remiss if I didn't say it: I love you, man. Thank you for everything you've done to help me with Philidor, thank you for humoring my dumb bullshit all the time, and most importantly, thank you for being a friend.
Post by Cassidy Adler on Aug 2, 2021 3:12:39 GMT -5
Howie has had a few distinct eras, which was your favorite from a booking standpoint, and which was your favorite from a RPing standpoint and why?
Any regrets with taking breaks as Howie?
Following on from that question, what were the difficulties of writing a character that didn't have much of a gimmick? Would you say that was part of the reason you needed time off from him every now and again?
What's a match you won that you thought you lost?
What's a match you lost that you thought you won? How did you deal with that?
What's your favorite aspect of yourself as a writer. And I mean as a writer, not shoot related. What's something you want to improve at?
Let's say the categories of writing are technique, pacing, plot, character arc/development, and worldbuilding. You can add more if you like. Give some succ to one person from each category that you think does great at that particular thing. Pick yourself if you like!
Your favorite and least favorite character archetypes. Go.
What's a cliche that you absolutely hate when it's done wrong, but love when it's executed well?
How do you feel about the current state of the IT boards?
We've had quite a few "eras" in AW that I'm gonna come up with some pretentious names for real quick
-The Old Guard Reborn (Wade, Spencer, Speede, Deruty) - Start of AW -The Hart of the Sea (Lockhart Title Reign + #BeachKrew bullshit) -The Curious Case of Changing Hands (When the belt went to a bunch of people) -Walter's Reign of Terror -The GOAT vs The Meddling Kids (Corey Black vs. Philidor) -Philidor Sucks
Make comments on some of these! What you liked and didn't like about specific time periods. And also, what "type" of era do you feel we haven't gotten yet that you'd be hyped for? Like proper stable wars, a proper dominant face-influenced era, etc. Put your booking hat on
Post by Stuart Slane on Aug 2, 2021 8:07:05 GMT -5
1. You won 2020 Wrestler of the Year and Promo of the Year. Does one mean more to you than the other? 2. Would you trade either one of the above accomplishments for a lengthy reign with the World Title? 3. Pretty sure in his last promo Howie said he does not consider himself Hall of Fame worthy. Does his handler feel the same way? Let’s say his peers feel Howie's deserving and want to put him in next year. Does he accept? 4. What was Howie’s beef with tag team wrestling anyway? 5. You never did a “When Howie met JBac” scene. Any specific reason for this? 6. Howie never turned full heel. Was that always the plan?
Lastly, thank you. Howie vs. Slane was an efed highlight for me; easy in a way because it always gave me motivation and material to write for but also a huge challenge because of who I was going up against.